John Bradshaw Limited (“Bradshaw Electric Vehicles” “Bradshaw” “us”, “we” or “our”) a company registered in England with company number 1260881 and with its registered office at New Lane, Stibbington, Peterborough, PE8 6LW, is committed to protecting the privacy of its users.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT
- Name (including title).
- Postal address (including billing and shipping addresses).
- Phone number.
- Email address.
- Vehicle information (including make, model, serial number, registration number if applicable, service reminders, mileage and warranty repair information).
- The pages you visited on our website and how long you visited us for.
- Your IP address.
- The internet browser and devices you are using.
- Cookies, tracking tools, targeting methods and social media plugins for our website.
- The website address from which you accessed our website.
- Details of any transactions between you and us or any authorised repairer.
- Where you engage with us in a business context, we may collect your job title, company contact details (including email addresses), fleet size and company details (some of which we may obtain from online or public business directories).
- Any information within correspondence you send to us.
- Information contained in invoices and service contracts.
- Information about customers of Dealer Networks, including the customer’s name, address, industry, the name, position, email address, and telephone number of the designated contact person, the name, email address and telephone number of the Dealer’s sales representative assigned to the customer, and other information relating to the Dealer’s relationship with its customer.
HOW WE MAY COLLECT INFORMATION
Online: You may give us information about yourself by filling in forms on our website. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, send an enquiry, subscribe to our services, search for a product and when you report a problem with our site. When you use Bradshaw’s website we may collect information like Internet protocol (IP) address, browser type, operating system and platform. Your visit to our website provides data about the pages viewed, response times, and length of visits. We may also collect information about the way you interact with the website such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs.
We obtain information using “cookies”, which store information on the hard drive of your computer. This helps us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service for public users and our customers. They enable us to understand visitor numbers, enable us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
We operate email campaigns to inform customers who have purchased and been quoted from Bradshaw’s about our products and services. Through email analysis our emails are designed to be targeted to client’s specific needs, our email campaigns include and not limited to; newsletters, new products, warranty, service updates, events and exhibition the recipient may be interested in.
Our email marketing campaigns contain email analytics which provide statistics which include but not limited to; the opening of emails, forwarding of emails, the clicking of links within the email content, times, and dates and frequency of activity. This information is used to refine future email campaigns and supply the user with more relevant content based on their activity.
Offline: You may give us information about yourself by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. We may collect information when you interact with us or our dealers, attend one of our trade shows, you/we place an order, you/we request a quote or contact customer service.
Through Devices: We may receive information vehicles equipped with a monitoring device, which may include fault codes, hours of operation and fuel levels.
From asset owners, Dealer Networks and Others: We may receive additional information from Asset owners, dealer networks, operators and other persons who have management responsibility for an asset.
From Other Sources: We may receive your information from other sources, such as public databases, joint marketing partners, social media and from other third parties. We may collect information from maintenance, inspection or warranty records.
HOW WE USE THIS INFORMATION
Bradshaw Electric Vehicles use personal information about you and may process your data under the following lawful basis’
- Contractual Performance
- Legitimate Interests
- Legal Obligation
- Vital Interest
- We may use and process your personal information where it is necessary to perform a contract with you and to fulfil and complete your orders, and other transactions entered with us.
- We may contact you if your vehicle has warranty, service and maintenance contracts and provide you with service and marketing communication with regards to these services.
- To resolve complaints or issues you may have with a product or service.
- Where you have provided your consent, we may use and process your information to contact you from time to time about promotions, events, products, services or information which we think may be of interest to you.
- You can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us on the details given below or, in relation to any marketing messages you receive, by using the unsubscribe option included in those messages.
Your personal information may be used and processed where it is necessary for us to carry out activities for which it is in our legitimate interests as a business to do so. Processing may be necessary for us to;
- Support customers with sales and other enquiries.
- Respond to understanding customers’ needs.
- Promote our products and services and measure the reach and effectiveness of our campaigns.
- Record maintenance and general administration for efficient and effective business operation.
- Support customers with sales and other enquiries
- It is in the customers and business’ interest to respond to correspondence, you send to us and fulfil the requests you make to us (for example vehicle demonstrations, service requests, brochure requests or information about specific vehicles);
- To provide vehicle support and services (for example maintenance and warranty services);
- Respond to understanding customers’ needs
- Our aim is to provide the best possible products and services, in order to continuously improve we conduct marketing research and analyse the services you use as mentioned in the section ‘how we may collect information’. (We use data amalgamated from many people so that it doesn’t identify you personally). After using or interacting with our products and services we may contact you with customer surveys in the interests of improving our products and services and provide tailored offers, products and services that we think you will be interested in. We will only send marketing communications to you if you have provided your consent for us to do so or which we have obtained in the ways mentioned in the paragraphs below;
- For product development purposes (for example to improve vehicle quality, performance and safety)
- Promote our products and services and measure the reach and effectiveness of our campaigns
- After you have purchased a product or service from us, made a purchasing enquiry, requested a vehicle demonstration, brochure or other information of interest we may send you marketing information about our own products and services.
- If you have indicated you are acting on behalf of a business or where we have obtained your business contact details from a dealer, exhibition or public business directory we may send you marketing information about our products and services.
- You have the right to object to us sending this information at any time and can request removal from our marketing lists by following the instructions in our marketing communication or contacting us by email, address or phone number below.
- Record maintenance and general administration for efficient and effective business operation.
- To maintain, cleanse and update our records, and any other internal operations and administrative purposes. We may contact you to verify the accuracy of information we hold about you.
- To comply with a request from you in connection with any data protection rights you raise (for example if you request us not to contact you for marketing purposes, we will record these actions on our suppression lists)
- To inform you of updates to our terms and conditions and policies.
- We may process your personal information if required by law or regulation for the prevention/detection of crime, (including where required to assist HMRC, law enforcement agencies such as the Police, the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA) or any other public authority or criminal investigation body.
- In the advent of an urgent safety or product recall we will need to process your personal information to contact you.
As part of the recruitment process, the company collects and processes personal data relating to job applicants, i.e. Application forms, CVs, passport or other identity documents and information collected through interviews or other forms of assessment. Data will be stored in a range of different places, including on your application record, in HR management systems and on other IT systems (including email).
The company has a legitimate interest in processing personal data during the recruitment process and for keeping records of the process to assess and confirm a candidate’s suitability for employment and decide to whom to offer a job.
The company may also need to process data from job applicants to respond to and defend against legal claims.
The company processes health information if it needs to make reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process for candidates who have a disability.
The company will not share your data with third parties, unless your application for employment is successful and it makes you an offer of employment. The company will then share your data with former employers to obtain references for you, employment background check providers to obtain necessary background checks and the Disclosure and Barring Service to obtain necessary criminal records checks if necessary for work placement. If your application for employment is successful, personal data gathered during the recruitment process will be transferred to your personnel file and retained.
You are under no statutory or contractual obligation to provide data to the company during the recruitment process. However, if you do not provide the information, the company may not be able to process your application properly or at all.
THIRD-PARTY DATA INFORMATION SHARING
- We provide user data to third parties only when required for contractual purposes or legal requirements.
- We may be required to transfer data to third parties for contractual purposes who manage products and services on our behalf; service providers, vehicle transportation, finance, IT, marketing & communication partners, our legal and other professional advisors.
- We may also process your personal information if required by law or regulation (for example, register your vehicle with the DVLA).
- Where we use subcontractors to provide our services, we take appropriate legal precautions and corresponding technical and organisational measures to protect personal data in accordance with the relevant statutory provisions and will only share the necessary information to carry out these services.
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets
HOW WILL WE CONTACT YOU?
Bradshaw Electric Vehicles and its third-party service providers may contact you by post, telephone, email and/or text message, unless you have told us not to or have registered with the telephone or post preference services.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal information to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal information on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so.
We will not transfer your information outside the EEA (European Economic Area) without first obtaining your consent.
We utilise the business services of companies outside of the EEA who holds data we collect, these services include Google, Twitter, LinkedIn, Youtube & Mailchimp. The afore mentioned companies comply with the E.U.-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework and offers a guarantee to comply with European data privacy law. To learn more about Privacy Shield please visit https://www.privacyshield.gov/
Google Analytics is a web analysis service provided by Google. Google utilises the data collected to track and examine the use of this site, to prepare reports on its activities and share them with other Google services. Google may use the data collected to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
Your personal information will be held in Bradshaw’s customer relationship management systems for an indefinite period to manage our relationship with you. We carry out periodic data cleanses of this information to ensure it is up to date and accurate.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our website contains some links to other third-party websites, once you use these links to leave our site we are not responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide to third party sites. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question
You have the right as an individual to access your personal information we hold about you and make corrections if necessary. You also have the right to withdraw any consent you have previously given us and ask us to erase information we hold about you. You can also object to us using your personal information.
You can request access to the personal data we hold about you and how your personal information is handled
You have the right to object to Bradshaw processing your personal information (where we rely on our legitimate interests to use your personal information) provided we do not have any continuing lawful reason to continue to use and process the information.
You can request Bradshaw Electric Vehicles to rectify inaccurate personal data we hold about you.
You can request your personal information be erased (or restrict the use of it), provided we do not have any continuing lawful reason to continue to use and process that information.
RIGHT OF DATA PORTABILITY
The right to receive a copy of your data in a commonly used machine-readable format for transfer to another controller.
RIGHT OF WITHDRAWAL
If you have given your consent for your data to be used to receive company and product information, you can withdraw this consent at any time.
No fee usually required
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with the request in such circumstances.
What we may need from you
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access the information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is another appropriate security measure to ensure that personal information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
To manage your rights please follow the instructions in our marketing communications, enquiry forms or write to us at the address below:
You can exercise any of these rights at any time. If you have any queries relating to our use of your personal information, or any other related data protection questions as to how Bradshaw Electric Vehicles handles your personal data please contact our Data Compliance Team.
HOW TO CONTACT THE DATA CONTROLLER
Address: New Lane, Stibbington, Peterborough, PE8 6LW.
Phone: 01780 782 621
The Information Commissioner’s Office (the ICO) is the supervisory authority that regulates personal data in the UK. You can contact the ICO in any of the following ways:
Phone: 0303 123 1113
Post: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
JBL Version 2018-1