An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Field Service Engineer to join Bradshaw Electric Vehicles, the leading UK manufacturer and supplier of specialist material handling equipment. Covering Central London and surrounding areas.
This is a team-based position, working closely with colleagues and the Bradshaw’s service desk. To manage all area breakdown calls and plan Prepaid Maintenance visits repairing & servicing golf buggies as well as other electric vehicles models as required. Most work is achievable within a day but early starts and late finishes are sometimes unavoidable, possible late-notice overnight stays may on occasion be required. Weekend call-out availability will occasionally be requested.
If you would like to apply for this job, please send us your CV with a short covering email, outlining why you would be suitable for the role.
Requirements of the role:
- You will be ideally based within or with easy access to the M25
- You should have 5 years of mechanical engineering experience (an advantage if gained in an automotive, power generation, aviation or manufacturing environments)
- You will be experienced in electrical fault finding, repair and general maintenance of machinery
- Welding experience is an advantage, but not essential
- You can communicate clearly on technical issues with a good standard of both written and spoken English.
- Ability to prioritise tasks in a changing customer-driven environment
- Work on your own and as part of the team, when required
- Be a well organised individual with excellent time management.
- Hold a Full and clean driving license
- The role would suit a positive ‘can do’ attitude, underpinned by an active ‘roll the sleeves up’ style
- To provide an efficient and competent response to planned, reactive and ad-hoc repairs and service inspections to Bradshaw customers vehicles within an acceptable timescale.
- To maintain a reasonable level of cleanliness of themselves and service van condition.
- To maintain the parts stock levels to the service van and lock-up.
- To advise service desk of service van faults and impending service intervals.
Day to day responsibilities
- Receiving new jobs on electronic android
- Liaising as and when necessary with Bradshaw’s service desk each morning, during each day and each evening to discuss the present and next days’ work-plan.
- To liaise with the customer prior to attending site and before leaving site upon completion of work
- Adhering to risk assessments and method statements as appropriate to the work being carried out
- Advising service desk of required parts to re-stock van or receive further parts to continue with any on-going work
- On-going product training in-house & specialist.
- Protective clothing, cleansers, barrier creams and First Aid kit.
- Service Van, Mobile Phone, Tablet, uniform and all necessary product related specialist tools and equipment (You will be required to provide your own Hand Tools common to the trade).
- Maps and Sat Nav.
- Fuel card
John Bradshaw Ltd is a progressive expanding company which remains a family owned and run business.
If you would like to apply for this job, please send us your CV with a short covering email, outlining why you would be suitable for the role. Click on the green button below.