An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Design Engineer to join Bradshaw Electric Vehicles, the leading UK manufacturer and supplier of specialist material handling equipment.
You will be working within a small team, producing all future, current and specialised vehicles for our customers.
The work will be varied and exciting, involving all aspects of design from concept through to production for complete new vehicle designs as well as improvements to existing product range.
Working on vehicles, for many different industries, anything from motor manufacturing to oil rigs, airports, hospitals, atomic plants, power stations and many more.
Requirements for the position:
- The role would suit a Dynamic and innovative engineer with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in Vehicle based Mechanical Designing.
- 3D Solid Modelling experience essential, preferably Solid Works.
- A strong knowledge of Low voltage electrical design and battery powered systems would be advantageous along with an understanding of hydraulic systems.
- Ability to work under own initiative and take responsibility for project requirements
- To be able to integrate into a team structure and contribute to fast moving product development.
Duties to include:
- Design of vehicles or special purpose machinery design using manufacturing techniques such as sheet metal work, fabrication, GRP, mechanical & electrical assembly.
- Creating and / or amending 3D CAD designs.
- Generating full manufacturing drawings.
- Liaise with other designers, engineers, suppliers and sales staff.
- Liaising with the factory with regard to drawings required for standard and special build requirements.
- Communicating with suppliers over special build items
- Site visits for pre project work and post project work
- Work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Creating and amending Manuals and documentation as required.
- Providing marketing with technical information when necessary
- Competitive salary
- Auto enrolment pension based on whole salary.
- Profit Share Bonus – This is a variable % of the basic salary paid quarterly if the company achieves its targets. This starts after 12 months continuous employment with the company.
- Bonus for cost saving ideas taken on by the company
We are looking for a friendly, confident and approachable individual, who enjoys working in a timely fashion, whilst delivering excellent customer service to maintain the high standards our customers expect. Promoting Health and Safety will also be an integral part to success in this role.
In addition, you will be a well organised, self-motivated, effective communicator with strong business acumen and have ambition to progress the business.
If you would like to apply for this job, please send us your CV with a short covering email, outlining why you would be suitable for the role. Click on the green button below.