An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Stores Team Leader to join Bradshaw Electric Vehicles, the leading UK manufacturer and supplier of specialist material handling equipment. We are looking for a friendly and approachable individual, who enjoys working in a timely fashion, managing a small team, whilst delivering excellent customer service to maintain the high standards our customers expect. This role requires a minimum of 3 years stores/purchasing experience, good IT skills, the ability to motivate the team and a well organised, effective communicator.
Reporting to: Purchasing Manager
Duties to include:
- Oversee the general running of the stores department.
- Oversee/pick items for factory builds
- Oversee / book items off stock on works orders and to edit works orders as required when changes are made
- Report back on any changes required to S code templates
- Update the production schedule.
- Oversee / raise purchase orders and chase suppliers as required.
- Cover for any stores personnel whilst they are away
- Attend any manufacturing/quality related meetings as and when required
- Ensure all items arrive on time in line with build schedules given by the factory manager and service requirements given by the service manager.
- Assist R & D in sourcing new suppliers and products.
- Ensure collections and deliveries are carried out in the most efficient way.
- Maintain a clean, safe working environment
- Help with the continuous improvement of the company.
Key Targets: – (Quality, Cost, Delivery)
- Build schedule targets are set at the beginning of each build.
- To carry out supplier performance analysis in line with IS09001
- To monitor critical suppliers in terms of cost, quality & delivery.
- To instigate supplier improvements to address any of the above issues
- Salary is payable on the 15th of the month unless the 15th falls on a weekend, in which case salary will be paid on the Friday or Monday.
- Profit Share Bonus – This starts after 12 months continuous employment with the company.
- You will be required to work 40 hours or such hours as may be required to perform the duties and responsibilities of the job. With standard 21 days holiday plus bank holidays. 3 or 4 days holiday each year is kept back to allow for the Christmas break
If you would like to apply for this job, please send us your CV with a short covering email, outlining why you would be suitable for the role. Click on the green button below.